Saturday, December 15, 2012

Minha casa mocambicana!!!

My new home. My home for the next year is in the Zambezia province and I couldn't be happier.  Supposedly, my roommate and I will be volunteers will be visiting us because people often stop in our city for while travelling.  I'm not in the mood to write, so I thought I'd just post pictures.

Here's our new hut!




Gotcha! I was expecting something like this, but we ended up with a pretty sweet home.  

Here's our place:


Here are pictures of the school
Pictures of the city...













3 comments:

  1. Hey Gina - Just curious. What transportation options do you have? I see people riding bicycles, so are you provided a bike to ride?

    Michael B(your cousin)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peace Corps will pay for a bike, if I decide to get one. So far, I've been walking everywhere. Volunteers aren't allowed to ride motorcycles but we can ride in taxis/chapas.

    Thanks for following my blog. Which cousin is this, by the way? I have a couple of cousins by the name of Michael. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a nice spacious home, I really like the tiles. I'm very relieved your not living in a hut.

    ReplyDelete