Thursday, December 13, 2012

Don't worry, I'm still alive!

Great news, I'm still alive! I hope that you didn't miss me too much. The past five weeks have been quite hectic, but a lot of fun.  I'll try to update you as much as I can:


In November, we found out where we'd be serving for the next two years.  I was excited to hear that I'd  be living in the Zambezia province with my new roommate, Jennea.

My host grandmother had a birthday. She had a GREAT time!

All of the volunteers got together for a Thanksgiving pot-luck dinner.  We have a lot to be thankful for :)



...Then I studied and took language, cross cultural, safety and security, and technical tests.  Later, I packed for my big move.

I left Namaacha and gave my host brother and sister a big hug.
We officially became Peace Corps Volunteers at the U.S. Ambassador's immaculate home in Maputo, Mozambique on December 4th.  Gorgeous view, huh?

We stayed the night in Maputo and said our goodbyes that night.  In the morning, all of the volunteers left with others who were headed to their region.  A group of us who will be living in northern Mozambique for the next two years, stayed in Nampula for a few days for a conference with our school directors.

On December 9th, I spent my birthday unpacking and cleaning.  I'm still unpacking and cleaning.  But I'm happy that I have fans to keep me cool.  

The next post will be more about my new home and community.  Feel free to write me and let me know how things are going with you all.  I miss my friends and family in the States!

1 comment:

  1. Your host grandma wasn't playig with that bottle lol There's a lot of volunteers, you guys look like a big happy family.

    ReplyDelete