Sunday, May 12, 2013

Hey, girl! Why don't you post blogs more often?


That's a great question!
I apologize for not writing an entry every week.  But, I have three really good excuses...

Excuse number one:  My camera lens isn't working.  I think sand and water must have seeped into it while I was partying in Vilankulos (visit previous post).  
I need to get my camera fixed or I need to buy a new one ASAP!
  I have some fabulous blog ideas and I need my point-and-shoot apparatus to post them.

Excuse number two: I've not only been busy teaching my 8th and 9th grade students how to conjugate
verbs in English Monday through Friday, but I'm also now doing an English club 
with my top students every Sunday.  The students requested that we watch films 
in English and have discussion about them, 
learn American songs, and read poems.  So far, we've played word
games and learned songs.  I'll keep you updated with how things are going with o clube de inglês.

Excuse number three: I've also been asked to assist professors at the university in my town
to help them with their English comprehension and speaking skills because in July, 
they'll be taking a test called the TOEFL exam (Test Of English as a Foreign Language).
These four professors will be applying for master's programs in Japan and in South Africa. 
 So every Wednesday and Friday we meet for a preparation course.  
We've only met twice but we plan on having debates (since they want to practice speaking), 
writing reports, and reading articles to expand their vocabulary. Their
English is quite good and I feel privileged to be working with such smart, young professors.

At the end of the day, these are all excuses.  I will try to post more often, even if they don't include
pictures.  I hope all is well with you all! Feel free to email me or leave comments (even if I don't know you).

Mozampaz@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment