Thursday, April 25, 2013

Beach Party in Vilankulos!!!

My first trimester teaching here in Mozambique was officially over two weeks ago! After grading hundreds of final exams, my mind and body needed a break.    
I was excited to  see all of the volunteer from my group who live in the northern region for a Peace Corps three-day conference.  Because it had been a few months since we saw each other, 
we stayed up all  night catching up. 
After the meeting in Nampula city, a group of 16 volunteers from the north decided to go down south to Vilankulos in Inhambane to vacation with other volunteers from all over the country.  I had a blast being a beach bum in Vilankulos this past week. Anyway, enjoy the pictures! I'll let them speak for themselves...




My little friend I met on the beach



My friend Tram and me




Jackie and Kevin


Beach Bum


It was about $7 per night to sleep here at this hostel right on the beach.  Sweet deal, right?

Some people camped outside and it was about $5 per night!


Here's a picture of one of the huts, which has beds inside of it.

Coconuts and capulanas

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics! Still can't believe hostel was only $7 a night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, I can't believe it either. It was so beautiful, I would have been willing to pay more.

      Delete
  2. This is pretty, I love it. I can't wait to see more.

    beach art

    ReplyDelete