Thursday, November 13, 2014

Sports Mural


Another project that I spearheaded was the sports mural project that began about a month ago.  I received the money for the paint and brushes from the sports grant that I wrote.  Three dedicated volunteers from my high school drew and painted a sports mural promoting HIV/AIDS education on the gymnasium wall.  The purpose of doing the mural alongside the sports camp, was to continue encouraging conversations about HIV/AIDS in the community using colorful illustrations. Take a look at their work awesome. 










Translation: "Kick out HIV.  Use condoms"
Translation Bottom: "You can hug people living with HIV/AIDS"


Title Translation: "Athletes Playing Against HIV"
Translation: Forms of HIV Transmission:  Sexual relations, contact with infected blood, and from breast milk. I guess we could have said by semen and vaginal fluids instead of "sexual relations".  But I'm really happy with their work.

The artists (from left to right): Sequerito, Velasco, and Wiler.  I gave them certificates for executing the project.

I'm so proud of these guys! I wish them well on their creative path. 









No comments:

Post a Comment