Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Sports Camp 2.3

October 18th
Saturday morning stretches

How is every single one of them so flexible?  

Isn't she adorable?

I brought dodge ball to my community and they LOVED it!


Grassroot Soccer Activity

One person represents the human body, another is the immune system, and the other is HIV


The game starts with the immune system protecting the human body from getting attacked by diseases such as malaria and the flu


The objective is to demonstrate that it's easier for the immune system to protect the body when it doesn't have HIV than when it does have HIV.

One last game of dodge ball, but this time it was with two balls!

October 25th
Interesting way of warming up, lol! 
I love it when I see the girls having fun

"Lay-up Alphabet Game"
In this game, the girls sang the alphabet in Portuguese while passing around two basketballs.  The girls holding the ball on the letter "z", try to make a lay-up.  Those who miss the shot sit in the middle of the circle.


The girls having fun during a wheelbarrow race 




Songs and dancing to end the day

Unfortunately, this Saturday coming up (November 8th) will be the last day of the sports camp. I'm really going to miss training with all the girls and young women.  Also, my last day in my community as a Peace Corps Volunteer will be November 15th.  Stay tuned for my final blog entries.  It's been a great two years!



No comments:

Post a Comment