Friday, September 28, 2012

Ma-poo-too 2 Naa-ma-sha


It’s Friday night and I’m excited and tired at the same time.  We had safety and health training.  We also got to ask questions to current volunteers about possible challenges as a teacher volunteer.  We were given a Hep A and a Typhoid shot.  I was prescribed anti malaria pills and I’ll have to take them every Friday.  The possible side effect is having bizarre nightmares.  I really hope I don’t get any adverse side effects from taking the meds. 

On another note, I’m extremely excited about meeting my host family tomorrow in Naamacha.  All I know is that my host mother is 36 y.o. , her mother is 61, her daughter is 20 and her son is 17.  They speak Portuguese and a local language called Changana.  I’m happy that they don’t speak English because I think it will help me learn Portuguese faster.

The hotel's internet is pretty good and I've been able to write to people.  However, I doubt that I'll have WiFi internet at my host family's home. I ordered my cell phone today and it has internet.  I’ll receive it tomorrow.  Unfortunately, I may not be able to write long posts with pictures since I’ll be using a phone that doesn’t have a ‘qwerty’ keyboard.  However, I’ll try my best.  

Well, tomorrow is a long day and I need to get sleep before my 3 month home stay in Naamacha.  I hope all is well with you all.  Feel free to shoot me a message J

1 comment:

  1. What in the world?!? Bizarre nightmares, who would've thought that was a side effect. Can't wait to hear about your host family. Enjoy your stay in Naamacha!

    ReplyDelete