Monday, September 17, 2012

Countdown #2!

In exactly 1 week from today (September 24th), I'll be leaving for Philadelphia for orientation for a day with  other education volunteers.  Even though packing for two years is harder than I thought it would be, I'm very excited for this new chapter in my life.  For the last four weeks, I've been making exhausting trips to Walmart, Target, Michael's, and to the mall, where I've bought long skirts, spices,a universal adaptor, sharp cooking knives, school supplies, and so much more.  I have to buy some items in bulk, such as eyeliner and mascara (should I really be bringing makeup with me?), because I've read that some things are hard to find/unavailable/expensive in Mozambique.

On September 26th, we'll be flying out to Mozambique.  We'll receive language, cultural, and safety/security training for 10 weeks while living with a host family.  Afterwards, the Peace Corps staff assigns the volunteers to different sites throughout the country.

I'll be posting more before I leave.  Stay tuned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment